[vlc] Re: Problem with VLC 0.7.0 and DVDs

Mike Coppins mike at legolas.com
Tue Feb 10 19:05:58 CET 2004

Mike Coppins wrote:
> I get this problem with the occasional DVD, currently 2 out of about 60.
>  When the screen contents completely change, like in a change of scene,
> new camera view or something in the film, VLC pauses for a split second
> then carries on.
> The two DVDs I'm currently getting it with are The Matrix and Sleepy
> Hollow.  Both of which play fine in PowerDVD 2.55.
> The physical surface of the DVD (data side) is free of scratches or
> crap.  They both look perfect.
> My PC spec:
> http://www.legolas.com/mikes/mypc.txt
> I've had no DVD playback problems otherwise with VLC.  I've tried
> reinstalling, nuking the vlcrc settings file, restarting the computer
> etc, but no difference.

Has no-one else experienced this issue then?  Btw, I'm not slating VLC
or expecting it to be near/perfect, I use it generally for DVD playback
as it produces better quality visual output than PowerDVD 2.55 does.
Just if anyone else has a workaround for this issue, knowing about it
would be much appreciated.

--
Mike Coppins
mike at legolas.com