[vlc] Re: vlc on redhat 8.0

Jason Luka jason at geshp.com
Wed Feb 11 13:54:44 CET 2004

Vikram wrote:

> [...]
Eep.  Checking package requirements, this is what it looks like right
now.  I'd just get all the RPM's from the download site instead of
trying to compile them all manually.

Round 1:
a52dec, aalib, faad2, flac, fribidi, imlib2, lame, libcdio, libdv,
libdvbpsi, libdvdcss, libdvdnav, libebml, libid3tag, libmad,
libpostproc, libtar, lirc, mpeg2dec, openslp, speex, wxGTK, xosd,
xvidcore (speex and fribidi have RPM's in Fedora)

Round 2:
ffmpeg, libcddb, libdvdplay, libdvdread, libvcd, libmatroska

Round 3:
 vlc

Jason Luka
Red Hat Maintainer