[vlc] Dvb subs from remote TS

Petrus wannaearn at libero.it
Wed Feb 11 15:27:36 CET 2004

Hi. I'm trying to have VLC display the subs of a dvb stream (TS stream) that I get from a skystar2 card on another machine.
On that machine I have "dvbstream" running (I've got problems with VLC in controlling the dvb card so I cannot use it...a mail for this
problem is coming). With that soft I can choose the necessary pid to send.
I'm able to watch programs if I send the 0 pid (pat), video pid and audio pid, and pmt pid (taken with "dvbsnoop" aid).
I've just tried if sending the teletext pid (are all the necessary infos inside it?) ,also taken with dvbsnoop is enough for vlc but is not.
What extra pids should I include?
What should happen if VLC  has the right infos for the subs? Where I can check if it sees something? There would be a menu for choosing
the language ?

Thanks in advance for all the possible infos and suggestions.

Petrus