[vlc] Re: Dvb subs from remote TS

Alexis de Lattre alexis at via.ecp.fr
Thu Feb 12 00:22:10 CET 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004, Petrus wrote :
> Technisat Skystar2 is my dvb card and my setup is "tuned" on Hotbird 13 E and Astra 19.2 E.

OK, I misunderstood you.

> I fear that my enthusiasm in trying to receive subtitles was due to the fact I thought DVB subs were those sent with teletext in many sat tv channels.
> Are them two different formats? Any chance to display teletext subtitles (777/888 pages)?

There are 2 subtitles formats on the satellite :
- Teletext (text format)
- DVB (bitmap format)

I don't know any channel on Astra or Hotbird that has DVB subtitles...
and that's what I was looking for ! There aren't any teletext subtitles
decoder in VLC, but the contributions are more than welcomed ! :)

--
Alexis