[vlc] Re: VLC 0.7.0 for xscale with MPEG4 support

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu Feb 19 10:54:07 CET 2004

On Thursday 19 February 2004 08:54, Kausik Sinnaswamy wrote:
> Hello All
>     I successfully built VLC 0.7.0 for Intel's PXA-255(XSCALE based)
> processor with MPEG4 support. I have enabled both MPEG4 video through
> ffmpeg and MPEG4 Audio decoding using FAAD2.
>     However, when I try to play an ".mp4" file(consisting of MPEG4 Video
> and AAC audio), I am able to see the Video just fine, however there is
> no audio. I enabled "--verbose 2" option, and then I observe "main audio
> output warning: PTS out of range, dropping buffer"
>     I am aware that FAAD2 uses Floating Point arithmetic, and  hence I
> enabled "-DFIXED_POINT" in CFLAGS, but I am still unable to hear the
> audio. I have also enabled "-DFIXED_POINT" and "cpu=arm" for ffmpeg,
>     I am using the latest version of "FAAD2" from "www.audiocoding.com"
> and ffmpeg-cvs-2004-02-16 for ffmpeg.

The problem might very well come from our faad2 decoder plugin.
This plugin forces the FAAD_FMT_FLOAT mode for the libfaad2 output and I'm
pretty sure this isn't supported in the fixed point version of libfaad2.
You'll likely have to tweak modules/codec/faad.c to use FAAD_FMT_16BIT and
make the appropriate changes so VLC knows it's dealing with 16bits integers
instead of floats.

>     I would like to know if anyone has successfully been able to play
> MP4.

Working great here on win32 or linux.

--
Gildas