[vlc] Re: TV server

Andreas Schiffler aschiffler at appwares.com
Mon Feb 23 21:25:40 CET 2004

OK, I finally figured it out. The trick was to use "pvr:" MRLs and place
the MMS stream at a different URL root to avoid conflicts with the http
interface.

This is my commandline for reference:

vlc -I http -vvv --sout
"#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=300,vt=320,keyint=30,deinterlace}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=localhost:8080/tv}" "pvr:/dev/video:norm=ntsc:channel=0:size=320x200:frequency=489250" "pvr:/dev/video:norm=ntsc:channel=0:size=320x200:frequency=525250"

Now we get our Windows MediaPlayer compatible stream at the URL:
	mms://server.ip:8080/tv

And the control interface to change channels is at:
	http://server.ip:8080

Or alternatively the channels can be controlled via:
	http://server.ip:8080?control=play&item=0
	http://server.ip:8080?control=play&item=1

Can the playlist item be loaded from an external file - for a playlist
with many channels the commandline can get quite long?

Also is there a location+channel --> frequency mapping? If there isn't,
I have a nice frequency table (.c file) as part of my libbgrab that
could be used.

Cheers
Andreas