[vlc] Re: TV server

Andreas Schiffler aschiffler at appwares.com
Mon Feb 23 22:40:50 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 15:39, Benjamin PRACHT wrote:
> About the  lists of frequencies...  Well, these are specific  for almost
> every town in the world, like for FM radios...

Sure, but ...

There is a set of standard frequencies for Broadcast and Cable channels
in Europe, US, Japan, etc. That's how my $100 TV scans for channels and
why xawtv has lists like this build in. Ultimately its for the
convenience of the user and to use "tvchannel=USCABLE,17" beats
"frequency=489250" any day - and again for far away places like Timbuktu
we still have the standard frequency option.

Any takers for frequency.c ...

Cheers
Andreas