[vlc] Re: get total file length and current position through http

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sat Feb 28 19:02:31 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004, Danat Pomeranets wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm developing a general remote control tool for VLC through its HTTP
> interface and I'm missing the posibility to get the total length (in time) of the
> file that is currently being played as well as the current position - this
> would be neccessary to implement a progress bar. Does somebody know how to do it
> or is this feature not implemented yet?

 Theses features are already implemented, you just need to create a page
with this macro:
<vlc id="value" param1="stream_time" /> or <vlc id="value" param1="stream_length" />
(they are in second)

 You should have a look at the documentation, or look after
doc/intf-http.txt in the source, all the http features are documented.

--
fenrir