[vlc] Hauppauge 250 & 350 in one PC and both streaming

Märt Pais mart.pais at telegrupp.ee
Thu Feb 26 08:33:24 CET 2004

Hello,

I found Videolan from internet and this is very nice tool. I started to
like it and now I'm in big trouble.
My child's requesting their own TV sets but they already have PC at
their tables. Also I have 100M switched network at home I thought that I
can easily solve this trouble by adding to my PC one Hauppauge 250 and
one Hauppauge 350, it is good to have possibility to have analogue
output to save something to VHS for some strange reason, like to make
tape for granny's. Then I can have at least 2 streams of TVs in
multicast and also I can start some other VLCs (on same PC) to stream
DVDs or movies from HDD.

As I'm not very strong with Linux and XP supported nicely 250 card via
dshow I bought also 350 card. XP recognises both and VLC shows both but
I can't get stream out from second card.

Any idea how to solve my problem? Set up a Linux?

Regards,
Märt