[vlc] Re: webcam streaming

Boris Shingarov bshingarov at essitek.com
Fri Jan 16 19:09:54 CET 2004

Decreasing the framerate of the V4L source did not work for me.
If I say like fps=10, it looks like the fps of the stream still is 30, at
least I can see no jerkiness.  If I decrease the fps to 1 or 3, the client
side vlc just does not show anything.

The funny point is that capturing to files with ffmpeg is just fine at low
fps, and the quality is excellent.  I wonder what kind of source
modification would be required to force the libavc actually encode at 1fps?