[vlc] Re: viewing PVR in VLC

Anders Bøje Larsen AJL at bang-olufsen.dk
Mon Jan 19 15:12:39 CET 2004

Hi

I've installed the precompiled RPM's, from videolan's homepage. If I have
to recompile, could I the just get the source RPM's and then run a make ??

I'll attach a log, where I try to open the PVR output, the procedure is:
Start VLC from a terminal (VLC -vv)
then File->Open file
then i select the "video for Linux" tab
click the PVR radio button
Make's sure that the device is "/dev/video0"
And then I press the OK button.

It seems to me that VLC try'es to open it 3 times, and then stops.

BR
Anders

(See attached file: out.put)

                      Benjamin PRACHT
                      <bigben at via.ecp.f        To:       vlc at videolan.org
                      r>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [vlc] Re: viewing PVR in VLC
                      vlc-bounce at videol
                      an.org

                      01/19/2004 13:59
                      Please respond to
                      vlc

You have to tell vlc to compile the pvr inpu indeed... However, can't be
sure it is the problem here...

Could you  send us  a more  complete log (use  -vv parametter),  and the
exact command line you are using ? -- $(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?