[vlc] Re: Shoucast and WMP

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Fri Jan 23 00:04:31 CET 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 23:12, Jean-Francois Dionne wrote:
> Hi, someone maybe can help me, I connect vlc to a shoutcast mp3 stream,
and
> for output, wanna player connect from windows media player 8 (in mms for
> protocol)
>
> we can't connect wmp8 to shoutcast.. so I need to transcode...
>
> here my line: and that don't work...
> vlc -vvv http://140.142.16.167:8000
> :sout='#std{access=http,mux=asf,url=filedump.dserv.ca:8181/shoutcast.asf}'
>
> someone have any idea what command line I can use?

The only streaming protocol supported by WMP (out of the box) that VLC can
output is mms over http so you'll need something like this:
vlc -vvv http://140.142.16.167:8000
:sout='#std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=filedump.dserv.ca:8181/shoutcast.asf}'

filedump.dserv.ca needs to be the adress of the interface on your local
machine that the clients will be connecting to.

--
Gildas