[vlc] Several VLC instances with the same input stream

Petrus wannaearn at libero.it
Tue Jan 27 23:38:36 CET 2004

Hi all.
Is it possible to have several VLC instances on the same machine getting input from the same unicast stream?
It seems only possible if I have a multicast input...

The input is a stream generated by a "master" VLC on the same machine of the client VLCs and I would like this
"service" traffic remains local. But It seems that only one client can get the input if it is unicast (pretty
logical). When the master VLC generates a multicast transmissions it can be used by all the the local client
VLC but it is also broadcasted to the entire Lan overloading it.
Is there any solution?

Thanks
Petrus