[vlc] Re: trouble playing VCD

Ira Fuchs IHF at mellon.org
Wed Jul 7 03:57:15 CEST 2004

That is strange...Did you receive any error messages from VCD Builder
( misalignment in the audio, Video stream having duplicate frames, etc.)?

>No errors from VCD Builder.

Also I noticed you are adding playlist from Drive 1 (vcd://D:@1)
Usually my VCDS pull from drive 3, which is my internal CD on my G4 Mac.

And you are doing the following:
Inserting the VCD into the internal drive
Launching VLC, selecting -->File-->open Disc
At the "open Source" window, you are selecting VCD, and it shows
the /dev/rdisk3 or /dev/rdisk4 as the destination device that is
where the VCD is
and you click "Ok" and it doesn't play?

>Correct

Strange....What operating system are you on on the Mac?
Panther, Jaguar? How much RAM?

>Panther. 1GB. Also fails to play in same way on Windows 2K with same versions of VLC.
I have now tested both VCDs (made completely with Toast and with VCD+Toast) and both play fine on a DVD player.

Ira