[vlc] VLC unicast streaming

John Lyons john.lyons at heanet.ie
Wed Jul 7 16:25:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

We've been using VLC successfully for multicast streams of live events,
however we are also looking for a method of providing live streams via unicast
from a centralised server. We have used video on demand via HTTP for recorded
streams. Can this be used somehow for live streams ?

We have this working for Windows media using the windows media server but would
like a non-proprietary solution using MPEG2/4 and VideoLAN. What methods are
most widely used ? Linux or windows solutions (preferably free) needed.

Thanks,

John

--
John Lyons              Phone:  +353-1-660-9040
Network Operations      Fax:    +353-1-660-3666
HEAnet Ltd.             Email:  john.lyons at heanet.ie