[vlc] Re: Using vlc to show video through another app

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Thu Jul 15 15:32:33 CEST 2004

Michael, Felix,

Your suggestion about named pipes to interface to vlc
helped considerably.

I now have two applications - one reads from the USB
driver and puts the data in the named pipe and the
other reads from the pipe and writes it to vlc
using 'fwrite()'. This works - for about 20 seconds.

After a few seconds, the CPU utilization reaches 100%
which slows down my driver and I am back to the original
problem. It seems that the fwrite() still blocks
because the data is given faster to vlc than it wants.

Is there any other way to feed data to vlc?

Thanks,
Harshal