[vlc] Re: Videolan feature request

Julien Leproust julien at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jul 22 21:56:28 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004, Tr909 wrote :
> Videolan is a great piece of software and i have
> been using it on my mac for a long time now :-)

Thanks ! Although i'm no mac user, i'll try to answer your questions
right :)

> i have a (fairly simple) feature request:
> 1. double-clicking on the movie window should (could)
> bring you to fullscreen playback mode and vice-versa

This works under Windows and Linux, if it doesn't work on OS X it may be
a bug or an inexistent feature, mac users from the mailing-list
vlc at videolan.org should be able to answer ;

> 2. click and dragging up and down in full screen mode
> changes the volume
> 3. maybe dragging left and right could skip forward
> and backward (allthough there should be an algorithm
> to make a good guess if someone is vertically dragging
> or horizontally to avoid unneccesary forward/backward
> skips)

Although i don't use it, i know there exists a mouse gestures plugin,
try enabling it in Preferences -> Interface.

HTH,

--
Julien Leproust