[vlc] Re: large mpegs -> long "load" time

Benjamin Pracht bigben at kikal.org
Fri Jul 23 20:38:43 CEST 2004

Le 23 juil. 04, à 00:40, Thilo Staebler a écrit :

> hi!
> sorry..i haven't seen your post :-) I thought no one would answer..*g*
>

> ********************
> and now it waits (for christmas?)...
> ...and after >10min it plays back fine:
> ********************
>
> main warning: vout synchro warning: pts != current_date (-638540100)

Well, that seems to be the issue... pts is the timestamp at which the
image has to be processed by the decoder. For an unknown reason, VLC
thinks the processing time of the first time is more than 10 minutes in
the future (these time stamps are given un µs, aren't they ?), and then
waits this long.

The reasons may include (IMHO, I must be forgetting some) a broken
stream, your the RTC clock of your computer being totally screwed, a
bug, etc...

I'm afraid I'm not enough a MPEG expert to help you really more...

--
BigBen