[vlc] Re: the bug with vlc's rtsp receive streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sat Jul 24 01:49:44 CEST 2004

At 10:28 AM 7/23/04, vlc at videolan.org wrote:
>I make the darwin streaming server be a streaming server.
>I tested vlc ,quicktime and realone+envivotv.
>quicktime,realone(envivotv plug-in) can work good
>but when vlc work by receiving stream on RTSP,the audio
>out is not correct and smooth.But when VLC work with
>the local files,all is ok.The ugly perfermance only
>come forth when vlc access the .mp4 files by RTSP.

Can you please give us an example of a publically accessible "rtsp://" URL
(or a hinted file that can be streamed by the Darwin Streaming Server) that
QuickTime Player plays OK, but which VLC does not?  I.e., can you give us a
way of reproducing the problem that you are seeing?

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>