[vlc] Re: the bug with vlc's rtsp receive streaming

chenxuekai at zju.edu.cn chenxuekai at zju.edu.cn
Sun Jul 25 06:08:41 CEST 2004

Hi
in your letter said:
Can you please give us an example of a publically accessible "rtsp://" URL
(or a hinted file that can be streamed by the Darwin Streaming Server) that
QuickTime Player plays OK, but which VLC does not?  I.e., can you give us a
way of reproducing the problem that you are seeing?

For the mp4 files we used is so large that i dont know how to send it to you.
We built a Darwin streaming server on Redhat linux 9 systerm .
We downloaded the DSS binary from http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/streaming/
We built a test hinted .mp4 files by the follow step.
1 Create a AVI file from DVD or VCD by using Converter software such as 1Click DVD
to Divx Avi.
2 Choose the mp4 compliant format for AVI video codec such as XivD, DviX before
converting.
2 Choose the mp3 (compliant format,use lame)
4 ffmpeg -i film.avi -an -b 400 -vcodec mpeg4 filmvideo.m4v
5 ffmpeg -i film.avi -vn filmaudio.mp3
6 Use MPEG-4 AAC Encoder to encode filmaudio.mp3 to filmaudio.aac(use AacMachine
0.51)
7 Add hint tracks for streaming
mp4creator -c filmvideo.m4v -hint -r 30 filmvideo.mp4
mp4creator -c filmaudio.aac -hint -interleave filmvideo.mp4
8 copy filmvideo.mp4 to /usr/local/movies/.