[vlc] Video cards and High definition

Mariano García mariano.garcia at optivamedia.com
Tue Jun 1 11:52:03 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am streaming high definition videos and I would like to ask you some
questions about decoding. I have noticed that I have some problems
depending the machine I use. For example, a machine with a SiS video
card crashs when I try decoding high definition videos with VLC. But in
other machines, I know that they decode properly.

So my question is about what is the best video card I can use in order
to decode high definition video. Or what is the best machine
configuration to do that (cpu, mem, etc). Does VLC support hardware
acceleration (windows and linux)?

In other words, I need your help to know what is the best machine
configuration in order to get the best performance.

Thank you in advance,
Mariano.

--
  Mariano García González :: Ingeniero de Sistemas
        OPTIVA MEDIA            PGP 0x89E8E4CE

© This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons.