[vlc] DV Streaming

Eisberg, Reinhard reinhard.eisberg at desy.de
Thu Jun 3 12:36:37 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have tried to set up a multicast stream with DV from a SONY DVCAM video
recorder as source under
Windows XP with the latest VLC version (0.7.2)

I have set up the DirectX source and the transcoding options for Video being
DIV3 and Audio being MP3.

The result is an excellent video  -

But audio has a terrible jitter !!!

I have tried to use the audio from the DV as source as well as audio from
the video recorders line out connected to the sound card.
There is no difference.

I also have tried to stream the audio from the line in source without video.
This results in a perfect audio transmission.

I have looked to the message display which showed the following ffmpeg
warning:

Almost fed libavcodec with two frames with the same PTS (1931636989)

Other typical messages are:

Late picture skipped which occurs most
And
Output date isn't PTS date, requesting resampling

Has somebody how to get rid of this problem ?

With best regards
Reinhard Eisberg, DESY IT