[vlc] Re: bug in linux_dvb.c with code-rate parameters

Guido Flohr guido at imperia.net
Mon Jun 14 17:18:38 CEST 2004

Hi,

Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>> The effect of the typo is that both code_rate_HP and code_rate_LP are
>> always set to FEC_NONE in the frontend parameters for DVB-T cards.
>> When tuning the card you get "dvb input error: argument has invalid
>> FEC (650000000)" (where 650000000 is the frequency you want to tune in).
>

> Just fixed this one. One thing remains here why does it print the
> frequency instead ??

Because the variable "val" is not zeroed and still set to the frequency
from the last call to var_Get() a few lines above.

Maybe you should also remove the comment "cannot happen" in DecodeFEC().
  Since the value comes from user input, it is very likely that exactly
this happens.

> You are right, thanks for spotting this.

And you can prove your thankfulness right away, by having another little
look at my original problem (thread "DVB-T in Cologne"). ;-)

Ciao

Guido