[vlc] Re: DVB-T in Cologne/Germany

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Sun Jun 20 16:47:27 CEST 2004

Hello,

Sorry for having been out of the Internet for a week, I could have
answered your question in a second.

À (At) 13:11 +0200 17/06/04, Guido Flohr écrivait (wrote) :

>program
>-------
>
>In the above command line is wrong, simply omit it for now.

This option doesn't exist any longer. The reason I removed it is
because "program" is not a parameter for the dvb plug-in, it is a
parameter for the whole input. Thus there is already a way to change
it, --program, which is the same way when you're just reading a TS
stream from a file or from the network. :program= seemed redundant
and non-standard.

>budget-mode
>-----------

As explained in one of my recent mails, budget-mode means the entire
transport stream will be fed to VLC, and not just the needed PIDs.
You need this option because without it, you must select the old TS
demux :

vlc dvb-t/ts_old_dvbpsi:frequency=etc.

This is a problem in the new TS demux that still needs fixing.

>vlc -vvv dvb-t:adapter=0:frequency=650000000:inversion=0:\
>bandwidth=8:code-rate-hp=2:code-rate-lp=0:modulation=16:\
>transmission=8:guard=4:hierarchy=-1:budget-mode=1 \
>--program=16403 --sout=udp://239.255.12.42 --ttl=12
>
>This will multicast-stream the channel into the subnet, and clients
>can join it with
>
>   vlc 'udp://@239.255.12.42'

Can I take from this that you no longer have any problem with the dvb-t input ?
--
Christophe Massiot.