[vlc] Re: Controlling

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jun 24 15:46:15 CEST 2004

Le mercredi 23 Juin 2004 19:11, Andrew Shepard a écrit :
> I have a network with a server (using VLC) streaming video to a
> client (using VLC).  Is it possible to start, stop, pause, etc., the
> stream using the controls on the client?

While it is not possible to do this on the client VLC instance, you may
find the VLC HTTP interface convenient for controlling the server VLC
with your favorite Web browser.

It can be enabled easily from the command line with:
vlc --intf http

or, if you wish to keep a GUI on the server:
vlc --intf wx --extraintf http

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/