[vlc] how to read an RTP elementary video stream

Jeff Kowing jeffrey.d.kowing at nasa.gov
Thu Jun 24 17:54:29 CEST 2004

Is there a way to use vlc to read a MPEG (1 or 2) video elementary
stream being transported using RTP (with payload type 32)?

I'm serving such a stream as follows:
$ vlc -vvv test.mpg --sout '#rtp{dst=139.169.132.106,port=8888}'
--no-sout-audio

I'm want to read that stream using a vlc client, but I can't figure out
the correct command line options.  VLC seems to be serving it correctly
because I can read the stream with one of the live media example
programs.

--
Jeff Kowing <jeffrey.d.kowing at nasa.gov>
All opinions expressed are my own and not of my employer.