[vlc] Debian GNU/Linux + Hauppage PVR-250 and PVR-350; Selecting input (TV, composite, s-video) in Windows

Ahto Tomingas ahto.tomingas at telegrupp.ee
Wed Mar 3 14:44:16 CET 2004

Hello,

I am new to Linux and have problems installing drivers for these two Hauppage cards. I got the ivtv drivers from the v4l webpage, that is refered in the How-To --> Stream from an acqusition card... on VideoLAN homepage. Has anyone installed these drivers with Debian? I would appreciate very much if somekind of step-by-step instruction would be made available. I tried to compile them with instructions in the homepage, but it can't find the modversions.h file.

Debian is the latest stable build 3.0r2 or woody
ivtv is 0.1.9

Another question is about Windows XP. Is it somehow possible to select the input of the Hauppage card, and as a matter a fact, the card itself ( I have two in the computer) with VLC? VLC does show two cards, but is actually using one of them only. Hauppage software isn't any better in that case.

VLC version is 0.7.1-test, will try with 0.7.1 tomorrow

Thanks,

Ahto