[vlc] Re: How to scale video output?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu Mar 4 17:54:28 CET 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 17:06, Michael Raizman wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I succeeded to run rtsp stream on vlc 0.7.1 under RedHat 9. (I
> understand, that it is not a big deal, but if anybody have questions,
> please). But there is a problem. Then I switch it to full screen, the
> image doesn't fill up all the screen, but stay in the middle with big
> black field on sides.
>
> So my question: does anybody know how to scale the image?

This likely happen because you don't have the Xvideo extension of your
XFree86 server configured properly, in which case VLC falls back on the SDL
video output which exhibits this kind of behaviour.

The solution is to properly configure the Xvideo extension (have a look at
the result of the xvinfo command).

You can also run "vlc -V x11" if you have enough CPU power.

--
Gildas