[vlc] Re: VLC Mediaplayer for book CD

Felix Kühne fk at aenneburghardt.de
Wed Mar 10 21:34:59 CET 2004

On 10.03.2004 at 15:22 Sabine Muething wrote:

> Dear ladies and sirs,
>
> I'm editor at the german publisher vmi-Buch and we are planning to
> publish an iTunes book. On the CD including the book we would like to
> add also your free VLC Mediaplayer.
> The print run of the book will be about 2.000 copies and publishing
> date shall be already in april.
> Please let us know a.s.a.p., if this is okay for you or if this would
> cause any problems.

As you can read in our FAQ, you may redistribute VLC as long as you
comply with the terms of the GPL. The easiest way is to include in the
vlc-sources and all other files listed on the VLC source code page
(<www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html>) on your CD. You do not
need to explain where the user can find them, but they have to share
the same CD. Look in the file COPYING, which is shipped with all our
products, or in our FAQ (at <www.videolan.org/doc>) for details.

Best regards,
Felix