[vlc] Re: VLC problem ?

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Mar 12 10:15:16 CET 2004

There is no known general problem. However there could be problems in
specific parts, so a more detailed report on what you did, could help us
check, and perhaps track the problem down.

On the other hand, neither newer windowses, nor linux should have to be
rebooted due to an application leaking memory. When my programs eat up all
memory eat up all my memory the only thing that happens is that the program
in question gets killed, and my system stays very slow for some time due to
swapping.

If you could send us a log of such a run that causes this problem to surface
(by using vlc --extraintf logger) then we will get a good idea about what
parts of the code that could be the problem.

Sigmund