[vlc] VLC Out of Memory

Kausik Sinnaswamy kausik at impulsesoft.com
Sun Mar 14 08:29:00 CET 2004

All,
    In connection to the "Out of Memory" issue, I built a vlc binary
from vlc-0.7.0 source for Xscale processor. When I run the Vlc with Loop
mode on an AVI file(DivX Video + MP3 Audio). The Vlc process(and its
threads) get killed after about 30-45 minutes quoting "Out of Memory".
The AVI file is about 1minute 30 second duration.
    Even without Loop mode after playing the same file over and over
again for about 30-45 minutes, the same "out of memory" problem occurs.
    Further, I also used meminfo/memtrace tools and I have the feeling
that there might be some memory which VLC does not free.
    Has anyone else noticed this problem ? Has any issue along the lines
of "Memory Leaks" been fixed in 0.7.1 ?

Thanks
- Kausik