[vlc] Re: Conversion of MPEG2-TS to MPEG2-PS

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Sat Mar 20 19:50:39 CET 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004, Yosuke Tashiro wrote :
> >vlc -I dummy udp: --sout file/ps:[output_file_name] --dummy-quiet
> --sout-display --high-priority vlc:quit

I'm quite surprised the double  --sout declaration works. The proper way
to do it would  be to use the diplicate sout module (have  a look at the
doc).

About you  issue with  the file  overwritten, the  solution would  be to
define the  sout chain  for the  first item only,  and not  globally. In
short, try :

vlc -I dummy --dummy-quiet udp:// :sout='#duplicate{dst=std{url=output_file.ps,mux=ps,access=file},dst=display}' VLC:Quit

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?