[vlc] Re: WebDesign

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sat Mar 27 17:43:11 CET 2004

On 26 mrt 2004, at 17:28, Alex wrote:
> Hi Fellas,
> Im using VideoLAN quite a long tim now, but there is a small thing
> witch don't feels perfect. The Design, the layout of the website and
> of the standard-skin.
> I would offer you to create a hole new website, which would look more
> professional - more lika multimedia platform!
> Look some examples on www.flingnet.de (my private site) and
> www.squeaker.net (my work).
> Greetings from Germany

We are always looking for designers. It's one of those things we are
just a little bit less competent at than coding :) (no offense to the
website creator)

There are a few requirements to a new site though:
1: easy to navigate
2: easy to maintain
3: keep primary structure of site
4: XHTML and CSS valid.
5: The cone and VideoLAN logo should be present

You can look at the current website code by checking it out of
Subversion/CVS
See http://developers.videolan.org/svn.html or
http://developers.videolan.org/cvs.html

So could you tell us a little bit more about what you would like to do
with the site?
And maybe provide some sketches or a simple Photoshop mockup or
something?

DJ

P.S. www-doc at videolan.org is the list to have this discussion on. You
can subscribe here:
http://developers.videolan.org/lists.html

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (hartman at videolan dot org)
http://www.videolan.org/vlc