[vlc] Accessing TV Tuner via VLC

Agung Mulyo Santoso agungms at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 14:48:12 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have a trouble in accessing TV Tuner with VLC. I use an Hauppauge WinTV
tv-tuner. I've been able to display S-Video input (camera, etc) by executing:

  $ vlc v4l:/dev/video:norm=pal:channel=1

But when I tried it for the tuner (Antenna TV-Tuner), it didn't work. I used
the command:

  $ vlc v4l:/dev/video:norm=pal:channel=0:frequency=528000

My question:
- Why did it fail?
- How can we convert UHF frequency to TV-Tuner frequency?
  (such as 28 UHF, 32 UHF, etc)
- How can we know about channel numbering?
  (after I've tried several times, I assume that channel 0 is for tuner,
  channel 1 is for S-Video input, channel 2 is for Composite)

Thank you very much.

--
Agung Mulyo Santoso
Bandung, Indonesia