[vlc] Question about colours...

Marco Falvo umfalvo at hotmail.com
Sat May 1 10:10:26 CEST 2004

Hello fellow VLCr's,
I have been using VLC for a while now on Windows. Recently I returned home
(Canada) and setup a webcam/server to communicate with my family while I am
at work (Denmark). The server I setup back home is an old Celeron PC running
Debian (woody) and a cheap no-name brand webcam (cpia_usb). All works
flawlessly and I must congratulate you all on a job VERY well done. There is
one issue however that I cannot seem to pin down. I am a newbie to Linux, so
maybe this is an easy one. Whenever I stream from the Debian PC via VLC the
colors are incorrect. Anything that is supposed to be Red is Blue and visa
versa. However if I use the webcam application that just grabs a picture and
puts it in my /var/www the colors are correct. I originally though it was a
setting I didn't know how to change, but it only happens when using VLC. I'm
not saying it is not a setting, bt I am at a loss as to how to solve the
problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance, and once again
congratulations.

Best regards,
Marco