[vlc] Re: Specifying Subtitle Track and Audio Track to play VOB file

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Sun May 2 13:40:25 CEST 2004

vlc dvd:c:\path_to_the_VIDEO.TS_directory\@2,4

> The other question is:
> The VOB file is in D:\DVD\XYZ\VIDEO_TS\VTS_06_2.VOB
> The Subtitle Track I want to play is Subtitle 6 and the Audio Track is 1.
>
> vlc -vvv D:\DVD\XYZ\VIDEO_TS\VTS_06_2.VOB --audio-channel 1
> --spu-channel 6
> Is this correct ? Do I need a space after "channel" ?
> Do I need --sub-autodetect-file ?

spu-autodetect has nothing  to make with dvd subtitles  and is pointless
here. AFAIK,  --audio-channel doesn't allow  to select the  audio track,
--audio-type should be used instead

> BTW, vlc --help generates some undisplayable characters.  I thinks these
> are French.  Is it possible to get all English help ?

I  would rather  suspect  them  to be  japanese  characters,  but in  an
encoding you terminal doesn't support. Use --language en to force use of
English (BTW, Japaneese translation would really need to be updated...)

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?