[vlc] Re: No video output using Xv {Scanned}

Ben Green ben at bettercode.com
Fri May 21 16:16:41 CEST 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004 11:07:17 +0200, Gildas Bazin <gbazin at altern.org> wrote:

> On Friday 21 May 2004 04:48, rettw at rtwnetwork.com wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I am having an interesting issue using vlc-0.7.1 on a
>> Gentoo-1.4 system running kernel 2.6.5.  I have sound when
>> playing mpeg 2 video, but no video, just a black window.
>> Xvideo works fine with xine and mplayer on the same
>> system.
>>

> This is likely fixed in the current development version (soon to be
> 0.7.2).
> Colorkey autopainting could be disabled on some systems and we didn't
> check
> that.
>
> --
> Gildas

I have the same problem, Xvideo not working. I am using X11 as output at
the moment. I am on 0.7.2-test2-1 on debain unstable. It just seemed to
happen, perhaps immediatley following an update. I didn't go back to the
testing version (0.7.1-7) but the problem persisted (and persists).

Like the original post, I have Xvideo working of both Xine and Mplayer.
Ask if you want any more information about the state of my system or
anything.

--

--Ben Green--