[vlc] Re: no sound

Felix Kühne fk at aenneburghardt.de
Fri May 21 16:39:56 CEST 2004

Hello.

Could you try to follow this instruction from our forum (I don't know
whether it works, since I do not have a G5):

  1) advanced options->modules->audio output->coreaudio - set to audio
output value to 1.
  2) Quit VLC (important).
  3) Open Apple system prefs > sound > output section.
  4) Physically unplug stereo line out cable from back of G5.
  5) Plug stereo line out back in to G5. Note 'Line out' appears in
device list as it is automatically detected by g5.
  6) Click to select Line out with mouse.
  7) Quit sys prefs and launch VLC, sound should be working now.

Additionally, you can try to use the 0.7.2-release, which is going to
be shipped soon.

Best regards,
Felix