[vlc] regarding Multicast routing not working...with VLC

Deepen Dhulla deepen at technoinfotech.com
Sat May 22 07:27:35 CEST 2004

Dear Sir,

We heed your help .. it seems that we are not able to use your tool.

we are having a VLC in used with Multicast working over one Phyical
Network Layer.

We would like it to pass from our linux router to another network ..how do
we achive this ...

My uname -a
------------
Linux sbs.technoinfotech.com 2.4.20-18.9 #1 Thu May 29 07:08:16 EDT 2003
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

my VLC Stream pc IP : 10.0.0.200

my muticast ip : 238.12.12.24

My Linux Router  10.0.0.254
on which i recive packets..
we would like ot pass to another Interface of the router which is
11.0.0.254 so that 11.0.0.0/24 network can also view the stream.a
how do we achive this...we tired mrouted & smcroute & udp-boradcast reply
but did not work...can any one give us a setup guideline on this..

We would be grateful to you.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Deepen.