[vlc] Re: regarding Multicast routing not working...with VLC

madmax madmax at libertysurf.fr
Sun May 23 05:04:18 CEST 2004

Hi !

    We had sucessfully installed a multicast router used with VLC. It was on
a Unix NetBSD so the commands may change on Linux. The steps of the
installation are :

1) activate the IP forwarding : $> sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1
2) to be able to lauch mrouted, you need to recompil the kernel with the
option MROUTING
3) launch mrouted (there is no need to edit the configuration file)
4) stream with a TTL > 1 if you want it to pass on the other network

Hope I could help you :O)

MaX