[vlc] Red hat linux dependencies problems

aacrouch at adelphia.net aacrouch at adelphia.net
Tue May 25 14:59:07 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have been using VLC with Windows successfully for some time and am quite happy with it.  But, I became interested in using the functionality to Stream a DVB channel.  The documentation stated that this was possible under GNU/Linux only.  So, I decided to download and install the Red Hat Linux version of VLC.  I followed the instructions on installing the application, but it would not work properly "out of the box" on my Linux partition.  There were several dependency problems listed about it missing: Glibc, Xinerama, and libasound.so

Has anyone successfully been able to resolve these dependency issues or been able to use the DVB functionality in Windows???

Thanks,
Alicia