[vlc] Re: vlc 0.8.0 dts problem

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Thu Nov 4 11:30:54 CET 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004, Joerg Wegmeyer wrote :

> Hi!
>
> I just want to say that dts-wav files are muted now in vlc-0.8.0 !
> They played well until vlc-0.8.0-test2, and there is no other player to play dts
> audio cd images. Can you fix it?
>
> Greetings, and thank you for the best media player!
> Juppi

As stated in the release notes :

NOTE: This release doesn't include DTS audio decoding support. DTS Inc.
claims that distributing this software with DTS decoding capabilities is
a violation of their patent EP 864 146. At DTS Inc. request, we decided,
as a precautionary measure, to provisionally suspend the distribution of
VLC with DTS decoding capabilities while reviewing DTS Inc. claim. This
is not an acknowledgement of the validity of the claim.

So, no, we cannot fix it at this time.

--
BigBen