[vlc] VLC 0.8 BUG

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Sun Nov 7 13:28:27 CET 2004

Hi everyone!

I have experienced a small annoying bug in VLC 0.8.

I love VLC and I truly want to throw out every other media player I got
but I have experienced lagging in VLC at certain points in movies that
doesn't appear when I roll the same frames in a different player i.e
MPlayer OSX.

I havn't used VLC for that long so I can't say how many movies are
affected but if anyone has had the same problem please post your
thoughts here.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.3.5 on a PB G4 1.5GHz with 1 GB RAM.
The error message I get is something like: "Dropping more then 5 sek of
frames. Computer too slow?" But I KNOW my computer is NOT slow and I
donät get the same result in other players.

What is the best way of clipping a pice out from a movie and send it
with the bug report?

Thanks

/H