[vlc] Re: VLC Telnet Interface

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Wed Nov 10 20:18:37 CET 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004, Aurelio Colosimo - Tv Blob srl wrote :
> Hi
> I need to control VLC via its telnet interface. I've not found any
> documentation, then I've tried to understand the commands by myself.
> The commands to be used, to play a generic stream identified by its <MRL>,
> and view it on my screen, should be something like this, isn't it?
>
> new streamclient vod
> setup streamclient input <MRL>
> setup streamclient enabled
> control streamclient play
>
> This series of commands is accepted with success, but I see nothing after
> it.
> Do I have to set the "output" property too? What is the correct value, for
> screen visualization?

Hello

first of all, be aware that these features are still quite exeprimental.
Some documentation about VLM (what you are using here) can be found in
the vlm.txt file documentation of the source tree of VLC. Basically,
made a mix between 2 type of streaming methods (VOD and standard "push"
streaming), and fogot some parametters.

--
BigBen