[vlc] Re: New mirror

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at via.ecp.fr
Thu Nov 11 23:33:07 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004, Juan Andrés Mussini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have set up a mirror of vlc here in Curitiba, Brazil. What are the
> instructions to be added to the list?
> The site is ftp://ftp.pucpr.br/vlc/ .

Hello,

Thanks for your support of the videolan project.

I do not know how you mirrored our downloads archive. We have a rsync
service running on our primary downloads server that allows easy
daily updates of the mirror. Use the following command to update your
downloads mirror:

rsync -avz anonymous at krishna.via.ecp.fr::videolan-ftp /your_mirror_dir

Concerning instructions to get added to the list, we would first need
that you mirror the entire ftp (the rsync command does it really well).
(the whole ftp is 4.9 GB total).

As soon as you have completed this process, I will gladly add you to our
mirrors list.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

--