[vlc] Re: VLC updates

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Wed Nov 17 00:00:32 CET 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004, Alexey Pankov wrote :
> Hi, VLC TEAM!
> I really like your VLC player, but it's kind tough for me to download
> updates everytime about 10Mb on dialup connection, could you make some
> patches like apple does or any normal software vendor. Please, it's will be
> more helpful.

Doing binary patches is not be possible, provided the structure of VLC
(all the binaries and libraries change between 2 versions). The only way
to get incremental updates of VLC is to checkout its source code using SVN and
update and recompile it after each release... This is documented on
http://developers.videolan.org/, but it is a task that requires some
efforts and time...

--
BigBen