[vlc] vlc bug??

Jose Maria Fontanillo jmaria.fontanillo at rediris.es
Thu Nov 25 09:19:44 CET 2004

Hello:

	I found the following:

	-When I do stream over http from one vlc in Windows (2000 or XP) if I see the stream with another
vlc in Linux is ok, but if I see from another Windows or a Mac then I see a blank screen only and
little noise.

	- If I put the vlc doing the stream in Linux then I can connect from Linux, Windows or Mac without
problem.

	This was did streaming a vob file from one dvd copied to hard disk and is reproductible.

	Another question: If I try to stream a dvd copied to disk using dvdsimple://xxx and xxx is the hard
disk directory where is copied the dvd and I select output to upd streaming then I see the video on
screen (and not is selected play locally) and not is streamed by network. Can I use dvdsimple
interface against a hard disk directory??

Thanks in advance for your attention and for this excelent multimedia tool.

--
                              /_/
  Jose Maria Fontanillo  __            __   jmaria.fontanillo at rediris.es
  RedIRIS               /_/  RedIRIS  /_/   Tel:   (+34) 91 212 76 20
  Edificio Bronce,            __            Fax:   (+34) 91 556 88 64
  Pl Manuel Gómez Moreno,s/n /_/            http://www.rediris.es
  28006  Madrid                             http://www.red.es
  SPAIN                                     Videoconferencing,Streaming,
                                            & Multimedia
____________ Spanish Academic & Research Network ___________________