[vlc] [Partial patch] vlc and xvid encoding

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Fri Nov 26 04:57:26 CET 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to add xvid encoding to vlc (xvid tends to give better results than
ffmpeg when encoding in low bitrates).
The patch I've attached applies, and runs through without spewing any errors,
the size (bytes) of the resulting video is approximately right, but the video
doesn't display.

Maybe someone who is more familiar with vlc internals than me can see what's
going wrong immediately... (And yes, I know the patch needs improvement in
some other places [such as not hardcoding bitrates etc.], I'll take care of
that when it works)

LLaP
bero