[vlc] DEVICE PROPERTIES NEEDED IN THE GUI

Mark mark at kvc.com.au
Sun Oct 3 15:44:35 CEST 2004

Every other program has the device driver, source and format as options in
the video button of the GUI but not VLC. This makes it impossible to use
many TV tuner cards as the devices always default to tuner even though the
composite has been chosen. The pop up function of the device properties has
been a disaster for VLC and TV tuner cards for those people that want to use
the composite input for these cards. I just can't understand why the VLC is
written this way. This appears to be a very simple thing to do as EVERY
OTHER PROGRAM EVER WRITTEN APPEARS TO HAVE THESE OPTINS IN THE GUI and you
can use their programs to steam composit input from TV capture cards. Does
someone have a work around solution for this problem as I don't want to use
other software, I want to use the VLC.
Mark Lee.