[vlc] Quick question

Jon Braunsma jon at convergentsys.com
Tue Oct 12 23:42:17 CEST 2004

VLC,

I am using the windows version of VLC.  I have a requirement to be able to
control VLC from within my application.  I can pass the MRL on the command
line to launch VLC and begin playing the correct channel, but I am having a
problem determining how I send a message to VLC to stop.  I am attempting to
use the Win32 API and the SendMessage function.  Do you have a way I can
send VLC a message to STOP playback?  If so, can you tell me how to do it?
It would also be nice to resume playback after it has stopped.

Any help is appreciated.

Jon

Jon R. Braunsma
Convergent Systems Inc.